Upgrade from ESXi 6.7 to 6.7 U1 via CLI.
Note: There are other ways to update the ESXi hosts. When a cluster is used in a production environment, is better to use vSphere update manager.
To know what is new in vSphere 6.7 U1 and where to get the latest updates, take a look at this post.
To update ESXi host to 6.7 U1, follow the steps below:
- Open an SSH session of the ESXi host (with Putty, for example)
- Check the current version with the command line: vmware -vl
[[email protected]:~] vmware -vl VMware ESXi 6.7.0 build-8169922 VMware ESXi 6.7.0 GA
- Download ESXi 6.7 U1 Offline Bundle. You can find the last patch here.
- Upload the image to an accessible datastore.
- Update ESXi with the following command line:
esxcli software profile update -p ESXi-6.7.0-20181002001-standard -d /vmfs/volumes/Datastore_Path/ISO/Update_FileName.zip
Note: Replace datastore name and path where the file was stored.
- Advertisement -
Note: "-p" specifies the name of the image profile to update the host with. (required). The options are below, but leave it as the command line above(default).
- The “long command lines” indicates that the ESXi was updated.
- Reboot your ESXi host.
- Confirm the version one more time. Pay attention to the build-10302608 and Update 1.
[[email protected]:~] vmware -vl VMware ESXi 6.7.0 build-10302608 VMware ESXi 6.7.0 Update 1