Sometimes when playing with your VDI environment, you might get a replica (or some VMs) stuck on vCenter. If you try to right-click on the replica, the option for "Remove from Inventory" and "Delete from Disk" will be grayed out. And at the end of the name of the replica (long name...), you will see "(Orphaned)".
Note: From the images ignore the maintenance mode hosts. This is not necessary for solving this issue.
For solving this issue, follow the steps below:
- First of all, identify the host that contains the replica.
2. Right-click on the host and click Disconnect.
3. Remove the host from vCenter. Right-click on the host and click Remove.
4. You can confirm now that the replica has been removed.
5. Add the server again to your cluster.