There are several ways to update the vCenter Appliance, but the easiest and fastest option is via the VMware Appliance Management. The primary requirement for this is to have internet access in the VCSA machine; this is essential unless you have/need an ultra-secure and isolated environment.
To update VCSA to 6.7 U1, follow the steps below:
- Access to VMware Appliance Management: https://IP_or_FQDN:5480. Input root user and password.
- Go to Update and click Check Updates. Select the newest version available and click Stage and Install.
- Stage and install wizard will pop up.
- From End user license agreement, accept the license and click Next.
- From Join CEIP, click if you want to join or not the VMware CEIP and click Next.
- From Backup vCenter Server, make sure you have backed up your vCenter Server before commencing the update (this is not a must but is highly recommended) if not, click go to Backups and follow the instructions. Click Finish.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- If you go to the (VCSA) vSphere client, you’ll see: Update in progress. After the installation is completed, you’ll gain access again to the vSphere client.
VCSA has been easily updated!