You have forgotten the root password of VCSA 6.5. The root password is essential for upgrades from the installation wizard and troubleshooting.
It is recommended to take a snapshot before proceeding
- Reboot the VCSA VM.
- Hit “e” key to enter GNU GRUB screen. Do it fast, rebooting is a matter of a few seconds.
- Add the following line (as the image below) “rw init=/bin/bash”
- Press “F10” key
- Type “passwd” and hit enter.
- Type and retype a new password. Hit enter.
- Type “umount /” to unmount the filesystem.
- Type “reboot -f” to reboot the VM.
- The password has been changed.